About the area:
Originally part of Stamford, the area we know as Darien became Middlesex Parish in 1737. The Indians in the Stamford area at that time were a generally peaceful tribe of Siwanoys - "the south people" - who lived in small villages of bark-covered wigwams, and who spent their lives fishing, hunting and tending their corn fields.
Today Darien is a suburban community with an active town center, excellent schools, and involved residents. It offers unspoiled land and clear waters. Those who have come to live here have been careful stewards of its architectural and natural heritage while enjoying the resources of a modern community.