Located in the heart of the Hollywood Entertainment District, the Hillview was originally built in 1917 by movie moguls Jesse Lasky and Samuel Goldwyn to house actors working at their studios. At the time of its construction, the Mediterranean-style apartment building was the epitome of grace and elegance. In its heyday, the Hillview was home to such silent screen legends as Laurel and Hardy, Joan Blondell and Mae Busch, and reputedly even boasted a speakeasy in its basement, run by Rudolph Valentino.
The landmark building was purchased in 2002 and restored it to its original glamour. Today, the building encompasses the best of both worlds; the romantic splendor of Hollywood’s Golden Age and the modern luxury of 21st century design. Amenities include hi-tech kitchens, washer/dryers in each unit, cable/satellite and hi-speed wireless, total climate control and 24 hour valet service. The ground floor will soon host three new hotspots, Lift (gourmet market and bistro), The Joint (hi-octane gym) and 86 (jazz club).